Director Sales & Marketing
This role will not only create a unique identity for The Heart of Europe Hotels, but also that ensure revenue & sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
- Work closely with the corporate marketing team to create an independent brand for the hospitality division of the Kleindienst Group, and develop a distinct identity for The Heart of Europe.
- Be hands on with marketing operations, create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community, may serve as the hotel representative for media related inquiries.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximise advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
- Build a team, Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
|Proven experience of leading the sales and marketing functions in established 5-star organisations. Pre-opening experience is essential. Deep understanding of the hospitality industry in the middle east, and global experience would be ideal. Experience in Europe, with an understanding of European aesthetics and culture is an advantage.|